Avatars are costume pieces which can be worn at the same time as armor. When wearing avatar pieces it will override the appearance of the corresponding piece of equipment, but the stats of the equipment remain on your character. Avatars can be found by various methods, such as leveling up, by participating in events, or in the item mall.
The avatar slots are split in to 9 slots: Head, Chest, Hands, Legs, Feet, Accessory 1, Accessory 2, Back, and Weapon.
The Weapon Slot is not currently in use and will be applied in a future update.
Accessories are split in to 3 categories: Upper Head, Middle Head, and Lower Head. Only two of these types can be worn at the same time, and only one from each category can be worn.
Wearing avatars is as simple as wearing equipment. Simply double click the piece in your inventory and it will be equipped.
If "Display Helmet" is turned off, it will also turn off the avatar helmet.
Images of all current and previously available avatars can be found on our Facebook album.
Premium Tip: Many avatars can be found in the Item Mall. You can buy full costumes (Head, Chest, Hands, Legs, Feet) as packages, and accessories and back pieces separately. There are often limited time avatars available, so keep an eye out! 2. Avatar Socketing
By adding Rune Sockets to a head, chest, hands, legs, or feet avatar piece, it can become a useful tool in boosting your character's strength. Runes are similar to Sowels, but are exclusively for avatars. Up to 2 sockets can be added on each avatar piece (Maximum is 1 for common avatars, 2 for rare).
To add a Rune Socket to an avatar piece, you need the proper material item to proceed. You can either use another avatar piece of the same type (head with head, chest with chest, etc.) or use a Rune Socketing Tool. Different materials yield different rates for success. The rates are as follows:
Premium Tip: You can bypass the need for sacrificing an avatar piece by using the “Rune Socket Tool” premium item. Though it has a lower success rate than Rare avatars, the success rate is higher than common avatars.
Once you have the proper material, use the following steps to make your attempt at Socketing:
- 1. Visit BumiBumi in Alpen and choose the "Rune Socketing" option.
- 2. Double click the main avatar piece you would like to add a socket to.
- 3. Select either a second avatar piece or a Socketing Tool. Select a Socketing Supplement if applicable.
- 4. Press continue, then confirm in the popup window.
- 5. You will receive a message that your socketing has either succeeded or failed. On failure, your material and supplement will be consumed, but your main avatar will remain in tact. On success, your material and supplement will be consumed, and your main avatar will gain 1 socket (indicated by a +1 or +2 in the item name and on the item icon).
Premium Tip: You can increase the rate of socketing success by using the “Avatar Socketing Supplement” premium item. This item will increase the success rate by 30% of the original success rate (i.e. if original success rate was 50%, the new success rate is 65%).3. Obtaining Runes
There are currently two ways to obtain Runes to put in your avatars: by purchasing them in the item mall, or by disassembling other avatars. Avatar Disassembly If you have an avatar piece which you no longer want, you can disassemble it to receive a rune booster. Disassembling common avatars will produce a common rune booster, and disassembling rare avatars will produce an uncommon, rare, or hero rune booster. The booster's level depends on your current character level.
- 1. Visit BumiBumi in Alpen and choose the "Avatar Disassembly" option.
- 2. Double click the avatar piece you would like to disassemble.
- 3. Press disassemble, then confirm in the popup window.
- 4. You will then receive a message letting you know which rune booster you have received. The avatar piece will be consumed.
Runes in the Item Mall
Uncommon Runes can be purchased in the Item Mall straight out of the box. When purchasing uncommon runes, you can choose the type and level suited for your character.
Runes can also be purchased in a Rune Booster. This booster has a low chance to receive an uncommon rune, a high chance to receive a rare rune, and a medium chance to receive a hero rune. You can choose the level, but the type of Rune is random.